How To Apply For Coordinator-Medical United States -The Medical Coordinator will provide strategic vision. And technical support to the identification, design, implementation and management of the country health programs. So, he will work in collaboration with the senior management team and health teams in the field to deliver high-quality health services to the targeted beneficiaries.
Furthermore, the Medical Coordinator will make frequent visits to the field sites to ensure the highest standards of service delivery. S/he will ensure high-quality clinical services in all IMC-supported health facilities. In addition, S/he will monitor service quality, ensure that all staff are trained and well-supported, pharmaceuticals and other medical supplies are properly managed, and apply clinical-level data to national-level quality improvement efforts. Therefore, the Medical Coordinator will represent IMC in the national Health coordination meetings, Health Forum and other technical working groups. The Medical Coordinator will also be responsible for developing staff capacity and strengths in the areas of health programming which are vital to the mission
The Post Focus:
Because people ask How Do I Apply For Coordinator-Medical United States, this post is to show how. Again people ask how to become a medical coordinator and the work of health coordinator, this post give answers to these. Therefore here are the details of the responsibilities and qualifications of a health coordinator. We have here too the recruitment port application procedure and shortlisting information. You have to read through clicking on the highlighted items for the essential information you require for this job.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation:
Technical leadership and Program Quality
- Responsible for the appropriateness and quality of medical interventions conducted by IMC projects. Expected to prioritize patient-centered services, identify and work on removing barriers to enhance patient safety, and improve effective, quality medical care.
- Work closely with leadership to determine and ensure the operational needs and smooth implementation of health programs
- Provide technical supervision of, and technical support to, the organizations health programming activities.
- Ensure activities are consistent with established best practices, which are acceptable internationally (WHO/SPHERE).
- Ensure health programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines according to Ministry of Health, WHO, and OFDA.
How To Apply For Coordinator-Medical United States
- Oversee the collection, analysis and timely reporting of data and statistics for all programs (including objectives, indicators and outcomes of health programs) according to internal and donor requirements
- Review from a technical standpoint, monthly field and donor reports.
- Ensure timely and adequate provision of supplies and drugs through review of pharmacy consumption reports, national drug protocols, program budgets, acquisition of partner agency and UN drug kits, and health information materials.
- Ensure all stakeholders, including senior management team, the Health Technical Unit and donors are provided with updates, following the established reporting structures.
- Contribute to the development of health informatics tools in accordance with the country and organizational strategy.
- Support the development of relevant contextual tools in close collaboration with the Health Informatics coordinator.
- Drafts and outlines the need for operational research based on the country program needs and leads the health department in devising specific pertinent strategies
- Work with senior management team, field teams, Cross Functional Platforms, and the Health Technical Unit in strategic planning for future health programs.
- Work with Program Director and senior management team to draft concepts for future funding following the protocols and formats.
- Provide technical input during proposal development and technical reviews.
- Strive to ensure as much as possible different health related sectors (MHPSS, GBV, etc.) are integrated into proposed programs.
Representation: How To Apply For Coordinator, Medical, United States
- Represent the organization in national health coordination meetings, Health forums and other technical working groups.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility,notably through the application of IMC’s mandate, ethics, values and stand-point with regard to other actors.
Human Resources Management:
- Supervise the health staff on a day to day basis in order to ensure a proper implementation of health activities.
- Coordinate and supervise the selection and training of qualified program health staff, recommend promotions, and implement disciplinary action and termination of staff in consultation with leadership.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all health field staff.
- Determine the training needs of the medical staff. Arrange and oversee trainings.
- Ensure staff performance evaluations and professional development plans are in place.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the M&E staff/team in development of new strategies that includes proposal of data collection methods and defining medical indicators during project design; and supporting the team in data collection at the field sites.
- Interpret the analyzed data, present how the project is progressing in terms of performance indicators and propose plans for action to address any gaps in project implementation.
- Liaise with HQ to receive timely input and implement recommendations ensuring best practice at all stages of program implementation.
Medical Logistics and Supply Chain:
- Ensure proper distribution/donation plans for all the medication that will expire within six months.
- Ensuring the preparedness for timely and efficient deployment of medicines, medical consumables and medical equipment, replenish stocks and supply field operations and Mobile Clinics, as per operational needs of the project and in line with the agreed budget with donors.
- Review and identify key procurement of medical commodities in procurement plans/budget of all active grants and proactively and timely raise the requests to the country procurement team and/or the global procurement team depending on the sourcing location of the commodities.
- Review list of medical commodities/pharmaceuticals within project proposals and ensure these are aligned with project output and outcomes.
- Ensure that all list of medical commodities identified during proposal development are shared in a timely manner with the GPSU unit for review and approval.
- Ensure that the delivery of supplies match the agreed activity plan/work plan of each of the projects and proactively identify any potential risk of delay while proposing mitigating measures.
- Attentively monitor stock quantities and expiry dates of medical commodities and provide regular updates and/or elevate challenges to senior management whenever needed.
Pharmacy Management (when applicable):
- Work closely with the Pharmacy Manager to ensure effective pharmaceutical management in accordance with GPSU directives, internal SOPs and Pharmacy guidelines.
- Ensures that the field teams are well versed with Pharmacy Information Management system and are adhering with its optimal usage.
- Ensure accuracy and validity of monthly pharmacy reports prior to the submission to the donors.
- Ensure compliance with good pharmaceutical practice guidelines and spearhead rational medical practice in the mission.
- Work closely with the Country Director, Program Director, Field Coordinator, and/or and Country Senior Management Team and the Health Technical Unit at the IMC headquarters to ensure Health program activities and objectives are communicated and understood.
- Work with key donor staff to develop and maintain optimum programmatic relationship
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code of Conduct As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment,
Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
How To Apply For Coordinator-Medical United States
Safeguarding It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children.
This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons.
Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment.
Equal Opportunities International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically a Medical degree, with a Master’s degree in Public health preferred. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 10+ years of experience, including at least 5 years of experience in overseas health programs at a managerial level and 2 years of project design, development of concept notes and technical proposals, and the management of projects relating to primary health care, maternal and child health, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, communicable and/or non-communicable diseases
- Experience of working in complex environments.
- Experience in working with and managing remote teams.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent self-motivation skills
- Experience in effectively dealing with international and headquarters staff, as well as donor agencies, government officials, and other NGO’s; the ability to work with a broad spectrum of people.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate staff effectively.
- Excellent command of English with the ability to read, write, analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical information in the English language.
- Experience with work with procurement teams and proven ability to follow internal and donor compliance procedures and contractual requirements.
Furthermore, here are more recruitment opportunities if you are still searching. Just click on the ones of your choices, and they will give you a golden opportunity. You have to choose which sector to work in. Every sector of our-economy is covered here.
- Chief Nurse Migration-Health – UN Job Lagos
- Ikeja Electricity Jobs
- Private Sector Recruitment
- How to apply for NAF DSSC Recruitment 2021
- FRSC MI CADRE RECRUITMENT
- NAF 2021 Method of applications
- What the public sector offers
- NAF DSSC Essential positions
- Chief Financial officer jobs
- Recommended Oil & Gas Career jobs
- Private Sector initiatives for jobs
- Chief Marketing Officer Job
SUMMING UP On How To Apply For Coordinator-Medical United States
Finally, when it is for high grade lucrative jobs, visit recrutmentgap.com. We see recruitment gaps and give you the required information. Yes, we belief you are ok by this post. So, you have to bookmark this page for further updates. Again, you can equally share to reach your friends. Apply here.