Oil & Gas Training and Job Potentials – The Oil and Gas Technologist can act in the entire chain of production, distribution and sale of oil, gas and oil products. In fact, this is a profession that offers high potential for any career. In fact, if you are planning to embark on a career in the oil and gas industry, or the wider energy sector, this industry offers a number of enticing benefits. As a matter of facts, Salaries for this sector are typically higher than average. And this is due to several factors, such as the educational background required.
Curriculum Grid: Oil & Gas Training and Job Potentials
Furthermore, the curriculum for oil and gas technology varies according to the institution offering the course. And the emphasis it places on training. Among the disciplines you can find are:
- Supply Chain in the Oil, Gas and Derivatives Industry
- Oil and Gas Production Chain
- Oil, Gas and Derivatives Trade
- Energy conservation
- Quality control
- Control and Industrial Processes
- Sustainable development
- Oil Law
- Economy and Market
- Entrepreneurship and Business Strategy
- Renewable and non-renewable energies
- Equipment and Pipes
- Applied statistics
- Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
- Computational Tools
- General Physics
Oil & Gas Training and Job Potentials
Furthermore, the list continues.
- Management Basics
- Fundamentals of the Oil and Gas Industry
- Geology and Prospecting
- Environmental Management in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Asset and Logistics Resources Management
- Oil Industrialization
- Instrumentation and Automation
- Industrial maintenance
- Machines and Equipment Used on Platforms
In addition, are;
- International Market in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Natural Gas Processing and Distribution
- General chemistry
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Oil and Gas Refining Techniques
- Wastewater treatment
Furthermore, the Oil and Gas Technologist can act in the entire chain of production, distribution and sale of oil, gas and oil products. So, applying the sector’s legislation, this professional can perform a series of activities, such as:
- Check the quality of the products.
- Manage emergency situations.
- Control work and environmental accidents.
- Prospect deposits.
- Manage distribution logistics.
- Supervise, coordinate or manage industrial processes.
- Supervise extraction works.
- Furthermore, is supervising production
- Manage marketing.
- Coordinate activities in the areas of prospecting, reservoir evaluation, drilling and production.
RECOMMENDED RELATED POSTS:
Click any one here.
- Top 50 Oil & Gas Companies recruiting
- Nigerian Oil & Gas Company Profiles for recruitment
- 25 Highest paying jobs in Nigeria
- Highly demanded jobs in Nigeria
- 20 Professions on high demand in Nigeria
- Ongoing scholarship programs in Nigeria
- Top International Scholarship Programs
- 20 most demanded vocational skills for recruitment
- 13 digital skills in demand globally
- Visa & Job abroad before leaving
- Ongoing Scholarships
Summing up – Oil & Gas Training and Job Potentials
Summing up, knowing the national and international legislation that regulates activity, being able to take courses in Exact Sciences, an entrepreneurial spirit and leadership skills are some of the characteristics of the Oil and Gas professional. For many positions, especially in multinational companies, knowing a foreign language (usually English) is essential.
As it is an industry that employs increasingly advanced technologies, these professionals must always be up to date.
Job market for oil and gas graduates:
As a matter of fact, whoever is trained as a technologist in Oil and Gas can work in the entire chain of suppliers. And other companies linked to the seed, such as:
- Suppliers of inputs and equipment
- Promotion agencies
- Government agencies
In conclusion, in order to achieve and maintain a good job in the Oil and Gas area, in addition to higher education, it is important to be always up to date, speak at least one foreign language (mainly for those who work in multinationals or have project teams from other countries) and invest in constant qualification.
- Private Sector Recruitment
- FRSC MI CADRE RECRUITMENT
- What the public sector offers
- Recommended Oil & Gas Career jobs
- Private Sector initiatives for jobs
- FRSC Recruitment application procedure
- Total PLC Recruitments
- The Recruitment of FRSC RMA Cadre
Finally, professions of the Future. Are you interested in becoming an oil and gas professional? Tell us in the comments! Subscribe to our mails below and like or follow us on any of our social media platforms.