Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360) here is how to apply now-The Family Health International (FHI 360) is a nonprofit human development organization committed to better lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Therefore, our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a special mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges.
However, they are involve in developing and evaluating the most appropriate IEC tools/materials for hygiene and health promotion activities.Furthermore, the participate to the monitoring of all the hygiene and health promotion, and community mobilization activities to ensure target IDPs behavior change and project ownership.
The Post Focus:
The focus of this post is to bring to light all the recruitment requirements for Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360). Please click the necessary items for further information.
- Job Tittle:Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health
- Requisition ID: 2022200411
- Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- Employment Type: Full Time
Job Description: Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360) here is how to apply now
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
- The Assistant Technical Officer, Environmental Health will provide technical and programmatic support in one of the three field sites. Under the supervision of the WASH Coordinator, the Environmental Health Officer will monitor and train Community Volunteers on their hygiene promotion to IDPs.
- Other responsibilities will also include training volunteers and community/camp leaders on safe waste management practices and providing support on activities related to environmental health at the health clinic.
Duties and Responsibilities: Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360) here is how to apply now
- In close collaboration with ATO-WASH, he/she shall be responsible to design, plan, implement and follow-up hygiene promotion activities such as training of trainers in hygiene promotion for community volunteers, WASH committee members and other stakeholders in LGAs in line with agreed work plan, strategies and methodologies of WASH.
- Supervise and regular carry out hygiene promotion that is being carry out in targeted locations/IDP camps
- Identify the most appropriate health, sanitation and hygiene messages for beneficiaries in the targeted LGAs.
- Developing and evaluating the most appropriate IEC tools/materials for hygiene and health promotion activities.
- Participate to the monitoring of all the hygiene and health promotion, and community mobilization activities to ensure target IDPs behavior change and project ownership.
- Ensure correct delivery and impact of hygiene and health promotion activities, good participation of the target beneficiaries and other local stakeholders, in close collaboration with other NGO partners to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Mobilize beneficiaries to adapt to essential health and hygienic behaviors and providing training in the target communities as needed.
- Participate in house –to- house campaign /shows regarding hygiene/health activities in IDP camps and community levels.
- Engage in the appropriate knowledge management (documentation and reports, sharing good practice, lessons learned, and knowledge/ information exchange) at all levels to foster learning, promote evidence-based advocacy and dialogue in the camps and communities.
- Sensitize population on good hygiene practices, focusing on hand washing, safe disposal of solid waste and excreta, latrine cleaning, diarrheal diseases prevention, etc. as adapted from time to time depending on the prevailing public health situations.
- This is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities of this post and the post-holder may, from time to time, be required to undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as requested.
Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BA / B.Sc in field related to WASH / Environmental health with 1 to 3 years’ post NYSC and relevant experience with a sound understanding of hygiene in humanitarian relief settings.
- Familiarity with Humanitarian NGOs.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Knowledge of WASH and humanitarian programming in emergency situations.
- WASH technical expertise especially in regard to waste management and hygiene promotion.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English & Hausa languages. Understanding of Kanuri language is a plus.
Method of Application:
- Interested and qualified candidates should:
- Click here to apply online
More Information: Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360) here is how to apply now
- Location Borno
- Years Of Experience 0-3
- Minimum Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Note: For email based Applications. To ensure you get a response from the Employer, kindly use an Email client preferably ‘Gmail’, then follow the instructions in the ‘How to Apply’ section above. Good Luck!
Furthermore, the following contents are specially for you. In fact, they are contents that touches other aspects you may like to know about. I tell you, they are well-researched topics. And, your only duty is to click on the highlighted links to read.
- Academic Matters
- Career development matters
- Business matters,
- Professional tips,
- Choose a profession here,
- How to plan your business,
- Get business registered
SUMMING UP on Assistant Technical Officer – Environmental Health at Family Health International (FHI 360)
Finally, were you able to click on our referred links for more information? Here are more recruitment opportunity links for you. You have to click to read them.
- Digital Marketer / Social media Executive/Content Creator @ DECHESMAC INT’L LTD.
- ICSS Console Operators (Panel Operators) At SPIE Oil & Gas Services
- ICAPS Administrator (Expat or Local) At SPIE OIL & GAS Services
- Lifting Supervisor At SPIE Oil & Gas Limited
- 2022/2023 Nigerian immigration service recruitment.
- Bank Jobs
- Civil service jobs
- Privat Sector jobs
And now, if you need more recruitment information you can send us mail through the comment box below. in fact, if you have questions relating to job related scholarships and job related visa and travel arrangements, click the necessary highlighted links here. Please, share to reach others.