the Netherlands’ immigration policy: this is how to check your visa status

The Netherlands’ immigration policy: this is how to check your visa status. There are applicable rules for those coming to the Netherlands. The two simple approach is that they may require a Schengen visa, for instance. Or they may have to apply for a residence permit. That is if they want to stay in the Netherlands for a longer time.

These are common understandable immigration rules. And as is common with other countries, the purpose of visit determines the type of visa required. In this post are different type of Netherland visa defined according to the purpose of the applicant.

Netherlands’ Immigration rule:

As stated in the last paragraph the rules that apply depend on two factors. These factors are applicant’s nationality and purpose of stay. Therefore, if you are coming to the Netherlands to study or do academic research, different rules apply, which is quite different from those coming to the Netherlands to join their partner.

For the relevant information you have to google the website of Netherlands Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND).

Related topics:

Schengen Visa Countries:

  1. Lithuania
  2. Switzerland
  3. Denmark
  4. Austria
  5. Czechia
  6. Belgium

Netherlands Visa:

Since the outbreak of corona virus, the possibilities for applying for a visa at an embassy or consulate are generally limited. Same applies at office of an external service provider such as VFS Global.

In the Q&A’s you can find answers to the most frequently asked questions. Check out the following;

  • Short-stay Schengen visa (90 days or less) – Schengen visa for a short-stay
  • Airport transit visa – Applying for an airport transit visa
  • Staying in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days (long-stay visa) – Long-stay visa (MVV)
  • Orange Carpet Visa Facility – Travelling on a visa
  • Entering the Netherlands without a visa
  • Can I extend a Schengen visa in the Netherlands?
  • Objecting to the decision to refuse your visa application
  • Residence permit lost, stolen or expired abroad
  • Visa facilitation
  • Q&A’s visas for the Netherlands
  • Visa advisor

If you are traveling to the Netherlands, you need a visa. Therefore, Visa Advisor could help you determine whether you need a visa, and if so what type.


What types of visas are there? The Netherlands’ immigration policy: this is how to check your visa status.

Do you need a visa? That depends on your nationality, destination and length of stay. So, try to read the visa pages to see if you need a visa and how you can apply for one.

Airport transit visa:
This is applicable if you are transferring to another flight at a Dutch airport.

Short-stay visa:
A short-stay visa also called Schengen visa allows you to stay in the Netherlands for a maximum of 90 days. This is a visa that is also valid in the other Schengen countries.

Long-stay visa:
Furthermore, this is applicable where you intend to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days. Another name for this is authorization for temporary stay (MVV).

Caribbean visa:
In addition, this is applicable when you are planning for a trip to the Caribbean parts of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. This will allow you to visit Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao, Saba, St Eustatius and St Maarten.

Visa facilitation
Furthermore, this too is applicable when you want to travel to the Netherlands with a family member who is an EU, EEA or Swiss national or join them there.

No visa required but rules apply
Even if you do not need a visa, there are rules on travelling to the Netherlands without a visa. Find out here.


Read also:

Summing Up on The Netherlands’ immigration policy: this is how to check your visa status.

This is an interesting read. It gave details of Netherlands’ travel visa. Note that it’s also one of the Schengen countries. So, a visa for Netherland will enable you visit many other countries. If you are a business person, this is good. Just check out for your visa status.

There will be an update of this post very soon, so you do well to bookmark it. That will enable us keep in touch with us. You can also follow us on our social media handles. While sharing this post through the social media handles to reach your contacts. If you need academic certificate authentication, foreign affairs certifications, and police report click here

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *