World Health Organization (WHO) Recruiting Consultants – Apply Now This is for Nigeria Supply Chain Policy for Pharmaceuticals. Are you a consultant in this field? Do you have the required experience? Then, here are the procedure and other conditions for the recruitment. Just read on.
World Health Organization (WHO)
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Consultant to Review Nigeria Supply Chain Policy for Pharmaceuticals
- Job ID: 2204438
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Grade: No grade
- Schedule: Full-time
- Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 30 Days
- Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
World Health Organization (WHO) Recruiting Consultant
Background of the Assignment
The National Product Supply Chain Programme is an arm of the Food and Drug Services Department of the FMOH saddle with the responsibility of harmonizing supply chains, determining policy direction and implementation of strategic plan for product supply chain including public health and essential medicines supply chains in the country.
WHO has been providing technical assistance to improve visibility and accountability in the supply chain system including aligning strategic plan to policy direction.
The National Supply Chain Policy was reviewed in 2016 whereas, the Supply Chain Strategic Plan was finalized in 2021. There were some non-alignment and new items introduced in the strategic plan which were not addressed in the current policy that requires action to ensure that the policy document and the strategic plan are aligned.
The Department of Food and Drug Services of the FMOH have therefore, request the support of WHO to review the National Supply chain policy.
Purpose of the Assignment
- To produce a revised Nigeria Supply Chain Policy for Pharmaceuticals and other Healthcare Products that is all encompassing and ensures efficient and sustainable supply chain management system that is measurable and result in positive health outcomes
- The NPSMP will put together a core technical group that will support the process of the review. The core technical group should comprise of government and development partners involved in supply chain work in the country.
- The consultants will work with the core technical group, NPSMP and WHO to carry out the task
- Conduct desk review on policy documents, guidelines and other documentations that may influence supply chain activities in the country
- Develop a policy brief that will serve as advocacy tool for the state level engagement, engender uptake/adoption of the policy for implementation at the state and LGA level
- Lead the technical support in the development of the deliverables
Support the dissemination of the policy at the national Level
- Develop an inception report detailing how the deliverables will be achieved
- Validated revised Nigeria Supply chain policy that is aligned with the current National Supply chain strategy
- Validated Nigeria Supply chain policy Implementation plan with Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan
- And,vValidated Policy Briefs that will engender policy buy-in
- Detailed end of consultancy report
- Number of days and details as to how the work must be delivered (reporting requirement):
The consultancy period will be from May 2022 to July 2022 with the actual 30 days for each of the consultants.
World Health Organization (WHO) Recruiting Consultants – Apply Now
Indicators to evaluate the consultant’s performance:
- Timely submission of the deliverables
- Transparency and accountability in relation to this assignment
- Quality of documents produced
- All information pertaining to this assignment which the Consultant may encounter and/or produce in the performance of his/her duties under this consultancy shall remain the property of WHO Nigeria who shall have exclusive rights.
- Except for purposes of this assignment, the information shall not be disclosed to the public or used in whatever form without written permission of WHO Nigeria in line with national and international Copyright Laws applicable.
- Coordination and reporting requirements:
- The consultant will work in close collaboration with the NPSMP task team, under the direct supervision of the WHO National Professional Officer for Essential Drugs and Medicines as well as the HSS Cluster Lead.
- Technical Supervision / Reporting
- The selected Consultant will work under the supervision of and report to:
- Dr. VIVAS TORREALBA, Claudia Mercedes
- ULC Cluster Lead
- Omotayo Hamzat
- NPO, HSS/EDM, WHO Nigeria
Qualifications / Expertise Sought
Required educational background, years of relevant work experience, other special skills or knowledge required:
- Advanced University Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Global Health, Business administration or other relevant degrees.
- At least 7 years’ demonstrable experience in pharmaceutical services, development and research, review and strategic and operational planning
- Familiarity with the supply chain landscape for essential medicines and public health products in the country
- Familiarity with current debates and approaches to Universal Health Coverage and essential drugs and medicines pharmaceutical research and development within the local, state, national and international arena
- Experience in the development of Implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation plan
- Experience working with the UN System and or other international agencies
The consultant will be paid daily rate at the level of NOC step1 for the 30 days.
World Health Organization (WHO) Recruiting Consultants – Apply Now
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022 at 10:59 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Further Recruitment Information:
Now, you have to click on any one of your choice here. Just go on to click.
- Ascentech 7 Lucrative jobs
- JOB RECRUITMENT – 7 POSITIONS
- OTHER 4 POSITIONS @ SALES FORCE
- SALES FORCE CONSULTING JOB RECRUITMENT (4 POSITIONS)
- Private Sector Recruitment
- 2021/2022 Nigerian immigration service recruitment
- How to apply for NAF DSSC Recruitment 2021
- FRSC MI CADRE RECRUITMENT
- NPF Recruitment 2021/2022
- Civil Defence Recruitment 2021/2022
- NAF 2021 Method of applications
- What the public sector offers
- NAF DSSC Essential positions